Well, frankly, there is nothing very impressive about my box. It has fairly low configuration by today’s standards, but has enough to keep me happy! 🙂
Here is what it contains:
|CPU||: Sempron 2800+ s754,|
|Motherboard||: Asus K8V-VM Ultra,|
|Graphics||: Onboard (northbridge- VIA K8M890, southbrige- VT8237A)|
|Memory||: 1GB DDR400 RAM (64MB goes to graphics)|
|HDD||: 120GB Seagate SerialATA|
At present five Operating Systems inhabit my box:
1. Debian (currently Etch) – My favourite. With each passing day I seem to love it more! If I ever be able to set-up a home server, this would be my Server OS!
2. CentOS 5 – Thinking about RHCE! 😀
3. PC-BSD 1.5 – Its considered as an easier way into the FreeBSD world. Heard almost everyone speaking respectfully about FreeBSD!
4. Test OS – A partition kept aside for experimenting with distros.
5. Windows XP SP2 – Ummm… am helpless here. My company uses some proprietary softwares which run only on 2000/XP.
In case if you are interested in knowing the partitions I have, here it is:
|/dev/sda1||Primary||NTFS||30 GB||WinXP_C Drive||OS and the Program files|
|/dev/sda5||Logical||FAT32||10 GB||WinXP_E Drive||Drive for sharing data between windowz and linux|
|/dev/sda6||Logical||FAT32||20 GB||WinXP_F Drive||Multimedia Drive|
|/dev/sda7||Logical||swap||2 GB||swap||swap memory|
|/dev/sda8||Logical||ext3||10 GB||Cent OS 5||Thinking of RHCE!|
|/dev/sda9||Logical||ext3||15 GB||/home||My storeroom. Master /home|
|/dev/sda10||Logical||ext3||5 GB||Test distro||Any Linux distro that I want to test.|
|/dev/sda3||Primary||ext3||10 GB||Debian||My main back up+server OS|
|/dev/sda4||Primary||UFS||10 GB||PC-BSD 1.5||To learn FreeBSD|